1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Surf. Well, took a surfboard out into the sea and rode it back to shore. Ate frog's legs, raw meat and some sort of seafood that was still alive. Flipped upside-down in a car.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I sold my goddamn flat! At last! I have no plans for next year, carry on letting life take me places.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My uncle Ken, just the other week.
5. What countries did you visit?
France, repeatedly. Cornwall doesn't count as a country but it should, it's not like the rest of England, in that it's ace.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A proper job would be nice, I'm actually missing having one.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I think the last day of July or June was when my flat finally sold. Still crap with dates, as ever. The time when the Thames broke its banks while we were moored up in Henley was memorable.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I got a B2 - upper intermediate - in my French test, and I was only 20 points of a C1 (advanced). Well chuffed.
9. What was your biggest failure?
The whole 'I know, I'll be an au pair' idea. Er, I don't like kids, housework or living with people...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I've been pretty much in rude health this year, touch wood. Except for the hangovers, of course. Even when I flipped my car into a ditch I walked away intact.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Canon 400D digital SLR. Yarn made out of recycled sari silk (which is now a spiffing hat).
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My parents, not just for being ace parents but for holding an entire family up.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Golden Tony. For the fourth year running. The first family I was an au pair for, who treated me like a slave and hit their kids. Ryanair for leaving me stranded in Luton.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Wool, kir and scarves. Easyjet.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going back to Montpellier. I don't get excited about much, really.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
'Parle a ma main' by Fatal Bazooka.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier. I'm muddling along nicely.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner. Lost loads of weight in the job from hell even though I ate loadsa patisseries.
c) richer or poorer? I'M RICH BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS! And, uh, homeless and jobless...
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Homework for French class.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I'd spent a helluva lot less time on Paris public transport. Four hours a day sometimes.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my parents and aunt Joan, no Ken this year which will be odd.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
22. How many one-night stands?
I'm going to remove this question, my dad reads this!
23. What was your favourite TV program?
Sopranos, again. Bought the first series on DVD cos I missed it when it came out, blew me away. Still haven't seen the ending though SO NOBODY TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS!
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Ryanair, Almondbury Au Pair agency for re-advertising my last (horrendous) job and marking it 'approved'.
25. What was the best book you read?
This has been a terrible year for me, I haven't finished a book in months. I did love Madame Bovary though, and enjoyed Anna Karenina until the end, which I hated.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The new a.P.A.t.T. album is IMMENSE. Been listening to loads of Against Me!, Death Cab for Cutie, Rilo Kiley... I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse, do I?
27. What did you want and get?
My flat sold, for the asking price. Pink hair.
28. What did you want and not get?
A campervan. A dog.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Only one I can remember seeing is 'Control' about Joy Division. Best line ever, muttered in a sexy Belgian accent: "tell me about Macclesfield..."
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Good question. Can't remember. I was 28. All I remember was stressing about selling my flat and moving to Paris at that time.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having lived in the vile, boring, ugly Parisian suburbs.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Primark and French scarves.
33. What kept you sane?
Knitting. Just try taking it away from me and see how quick I go crazy.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Daniel Craig's performance in Casino Royale impressed me muchly.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Oooh the French presidential elections when I got teargassed! That was ACE!
36. Who did you miss?
Maria, Simon, Mick.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Met some truly ace people here in Paris. In particular Jenny, Sylvie, Pamela, Jesse and Cathryn.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
French kids shit a lot, and messily.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
"I'm leaving for Paris..." Rufus Wainwright